Tuesday, December 14, 2010

lady pains and midnight rains

I feel like my whole lower left mid section could be cut off of my body and it would hurt less than it does right now. Seriously. I was trying to talk to students today about their essays, and any time I turned or stretched the wrong way...ZING! I yelped in pain several times, but luckily sixth graders are so self involved that none of them noticed.

The only thing that made this affliction tolerable today was that we had a two hour late start. Yes, wind and thunderstorms scare us in Maple Valley, so we start cancelling things. This is Washington after all, and we don't handle adverse weather well.

In the middle of the night, I was awoken by the horizontal rain pelting my window. My poor pup was crying in her crate, but I just stayed in bed. Right as I started to fall asleep, bright, bright lightening lit up my whole room. About four seconds later, BOOM. That only happened about twice. Both the dog and I seem to have been relatively unscathed. It's hard to tell with the dog, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment