Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Couple More Cakes

My friend at work and I tend to go overboard baking for each others' birthdays. A couple weeks before her big anniversary, she sent me a link to a "S'mores Pie" and "Almond Joy Hearts." I took the link seriously! The pie didn't look quite s'moresy enough since it was mostly brownie.

I did a layered All Fools Cake for the base with chocolate buttercream frosting. In the middle, I spread melted chocolate, sprinkled graham cracker crumbles, and added slightly microwaved marshmallows. Garnished with s'mores on top! It was a big hit, and tasted great too!

The hearts also turned out really well.
Check out http://www.seriouseats.com
homemade almondjoy chocolate hearts recipes

My most recent service auction donation is below:
I made it for a little girl named Lydia (as you can tell by the cloud...). Her mom found the sheep pattern online, and I modified it a little. The directions called for chocolate chips for all the brown places, but I used crushed chips instead. I also did frosting for the face rather than candy pieces. The little hill is covered in green coconut to look like grass. It was a lot of fun to do, and Lydia and her mom loved it.







No comments:

Post a Comment