Thursday, January 10, 2013

Silly pup!

I watched Lady and the Tramp tonight with my dog. She was very interested through most of the movie. When little puppy Lady howls and cries her first night, Zu's head twisted back and forth as she listened. She even ran over to the screen and stood on her back legs to listen better. She did not like the Siamese cats. She growled and barked when Lady was chased by the mean dogs (when she gets tied up with the Tramp). She was very alert and excited whenever Jock and Trusty were on screen. The "Bum Bum Bum Ruff" song in the pound provoked a sort of frolicking moment under my table. She was disinterested in the puppies, though I agreed that they were a little too Hollywood Ending.

Another funny thing my little weirdo does is bring her water bowl to me when it is empty. I will hear her in the kitchen rooting around, then she'll come bursting around the corner and run at me full speed, bowl in mouth. Then she'll fling the bowl at me and proceed to dance around (sometimes whining) until I go put water in it. And my dad says she's dumb!

And when I feel stupid for liking my dog so much and wanting to talk about her all the time (which makes it impressive that I don't, because I do have a story about her that fits with ANYTHING that ANYONE is talking about ANYTIME)...I just think about other people who love their dogs and don't get any grief for it.



 See, I'm in good company. Well, maybe not Paris...
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment