Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A list a la Colleen

Colleen is always making lists of things, so I thought I would try my hand at it as well. It is very possible that you will have no interest at all in this list, and that's okay.

As a perpetually boring person, I spend an inordinate amount of my time watching television. I pride myself at being able to say "Oh, I don't own a t.v." in conversations to make me sound more hoity toity and to shock my students. The truth is, almost anything on television is now online as well.

Here are my top ten reasons I shouldn't watch as much television (programming) as I do:

10. There are far too many books I should be reading instead.
9. My dishes still aren't done.
8. Grey's Anatomy gives me an unrealistic view of Seattle, adult relationships, apropriate workplace decorum, and it makes me cry like every episode!
7. My eyesight has decreased significantly since I got an internet connection (the correlation is still not proven, but...).
6. I make bizzare references to shows noone else watches in real life conversations. What I thought was so interesting and totaly applied on House last night...didn't.
5. I have no time left to read/watch the news. So, I am left commenting about global issues by what I saw on NCIS/NCIS: LA.
4. Most of my shows fall into the "Guilty Pleasure" category of veiwing: HIMYM, Desperate Housewives, Cougar Town, 30 Rock, Glee...
3. Castle, Bones, and Fringe have taught me that I will only find true love in a crime fighting partner, but that we will never truly be able to be together! That sucks.
2. I find myself wanting to document my life with snide comments about other people like on The Office or Modern Family.
And the number one reason I should cut down on my t.v. obsession:
1. I don't think I can make it all summer without new episodes!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but Eureka, Wharehouse 13, Haven, White Collar, Covert Affairs, etc. are coming back, this week!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete