Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blah...but wait!

And so, nothing is going on to excite me or the three of you reading this blog. Sorry. This blog was supposed to encourage me to do cool things so I would have something to talk about...


Oh! I did go to two concerts a couple weeks ago. They were awesome. They really were. My friend Amy invited me, and since she was so very right about Jack's Mannequin, I decided to trust her about Green River Ordinance.


We got to El Corazon an hour before the doors opened because Amy was nervous we wouldn't get a good place right up front. I'm new to the whole concert scene, and the standing right in front didn't really appeal to me, but she had my ticket and we rode together, so... We had some adventure driving around east Seattle looking for parking which included Amy standing on the street in a prime spot and waving an angry lady off while I ran back to bring the car closer. It was one of those awesome t.v. but not in real life moments. We also jay walked through slow traffic at least three times. One time I ran screaming and yelled "I win!" as I reached the other side and Amy was still in the middle of the street eyeing the on coming traffic.


As we got up to the club, we became a little nervous/suspicious/disgusted. If you ever get the chance to go to El Corazon, you should. Just make sure you're current on your shots. More on that later. There was one person waiting in line, which shocked Amy but didn't bother me. Amy is a FAN, so she immediately recognised their van and tour trailer. We got pictures with both, natuarally. Since we went there as fast as we could from work, we were both starving. So we decided to check out REI. I mean, sounded like a good idea.


REI is one of those places you see from the freeway and think "Wow, if I was outdoorsy and sporty and at all cool I'd shop there." Since I am none of those things, I'd never been inside before. Long story short, it was more impressive from the freeway. Though, Amy did make me sit in a camp chair next to a tent so she could tell people I was camping. She later forgot why we staged and even took that picture. The gleaming. redeeming point of REI was the weird and expensive wrap place on the top floor just past the indoor tree house and kids' play place. The food was good, and one table over we saw a yoga dad and his two yuppy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment